Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jumping into my Next Life

Many years ago I joined the Navy as my adventurous spirit over took me so I could see the world and do something different. I never regretted that decision and it led me to my life. Tomorrow I am doing the same thing, doing something I have wanted to do since I was a child and never had the opportunity until now. I am going to jump out of an airplane strapped to someone of course, but I have always wanted to skydive and will use this as a springboard to my new life I guess.

I have gotten many comments about how thrilling, how stupid how suicidal how inspiring but the simple fact is, I am doing it. I thought about my attitude towards it do I have a death wish someone asked me. I figure any day is a good day to die right? My attitude is this, if I die ok where is the downside to being in Heaven and seeing loved ones. If I live where is the downside to being here seeing loved ones? So it appears to be a win win for me. If I am somehow maimed there is a reason for everything and I will deal accordingly, God is in control of me I place myself in His arms and trust He gave me my adventurous spirit for a reason and I intend to use it. I am not about to purposely try to kill myself, I have a method to this madness and love my life enough to live it fully.

So this morning I sit and hear planes overhead, people jumping from planes all over, I am filled with excitement about tomorrow’s jump and my new life ahead of me, whatever that may be. I am concerned as a mom that my son is going with me, and I am covering him in prayer. I on the other hand am not worried about me one bit.Well that is a lie, I am concerned about how my wrinkled face will flap in the breeze on camera, you see they are filming it and a girl has to look her best even at 14,000 feet. Perhaps I should bring some duct tape, I am glad my flab will be covered with coveralls at least.  My mom and dad will be there too to experience this with me and for that I am so joyous. They mourned a bit when I left for Guam so many years ago, I don’t intend to give them any more reason to mourn, but to celebrate my life with me.

In the Star Trek shows (yes I am a Star Trek geek) Klingons say “It is a good day to die” true enough, but I also ascribe to the Vulcan philosophy and plan to “Live long and prosper.” See ya on the other side people! I love my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment